The TSC1021 measures a small differential voltage on a high-side shunt resistor and translates it into a ground-referenced output voltage.
The TSC1021 has been specifically designed for automotive conditions: load-dump protection up to 60 V, reverse-battery protection up to -32 V, ESD protection up to 4 kV and internal filtering for EMI performance.
Input common-mode and power supply voltages are independent: the common-mode voltage can range from 2.8 to 30 V in operating conditions and up to 60 V in absolute maximum ratings while the TSC1021 can be supplied by a 5 V independent supply line.
The TSC1021 is housed in a tiny TSSOP8 package and integrates a buffer that provides low impedance output to ease interfacing and avoid accuracy losses. The overall device current consumption is lower than 300 µA.
- Wide common-mode operating range independent of supply: 2.8 V to 30 V
- Wide common-mode survival range: -32 V to 60 V (reversed battery and load-dump conditions)
- Maximum input offset voltage:
- ±1.5 mV for Tamb = 25 °C
- ±2.3 mV for -40 °C < Tamb < 125 °C
- Maximum total output voltage error:
- ±1.5 % for Tamb = 25 °C
- ±2.5 % for -40 °C < Tamb < 125 °C
- Maximum variation over temperature:
- dVos /dT = 8 µV/°C
- dVout /dT = 100 ppm/°C
- Low current consumption: ICC max = 300 µA
- -40 °C to 125 °C operating temperature range
- Internally fixed gain: 20 V/V, 50 V/V
- EMI filtering