The STA339BWS is an integrated solution of digital audio processing, digital amplifier controls and power output stage to create a high-power single-chip FFX digital amplifier with high quality and high efficiency. Three channels of FFX processing are provided. The FFX processor implements the ternary, binary and binary differential processing capabilities of the full FFX processor.
The STA339BWS is part of the Sound Terminal®family that provides full digital audio streaming to the speakers and offers cost effectiveness, low power dissipation and sound enrichment.
Also provided in the STA339BWS are a full assortment of digital processing features. This includes up to 8 programmable biquads (EQ) per channel. Available presets enable a time-to-market advantage by substantially reducing the amount of software development needed for functions such as audio preset volume loudness, preset volume curves and preset EQ settings. There are also new advanced AM radio interference reduction modes. Dual-band DRC dynamically equalizes the system to provide linear frequency speaker response regardless of output power level. This feature separates the audio frequency band into two sub-bands independently processed to provide better sound clarity and to avoid speaker saturation.
The serial audio data input interface accepts all possible formats, including the popular I2S format. The high-quality conversion from PCM audio to FFX PWM switching provides over 100 dB of SNR and of dynamic range.
The power section consists of four independent half-bridges. These can be configured via digital control to operate in different modes.
2.1 channels can be provided by two half bridges and a single full bridge, supplying up to 2 x 9 W + 1 x 20 W of output power.
Two channels can be provided by two full-bridges, supplying up to 2 x 20 W of output power.
The IC can also be configured as 2.1 channels with 2 x 20 W supplied by the device plus a drive for an external FFX power amplifier, such as STA533WF or STA515W.
One channel can be provided by parallel BTL to obtain 1 x 40 W of output power. In this configuration the CONFIG pin must be connected to VDD.
- Wide-range supply voltage, 4.5 V to 21.5 V
- Three power output configurations:
- 2 channels of ternary PWM (2 x 20 W into 8 Ω at 18 V) + PWM output
- 2 channels of ternary PWM (2 x 20 W into 8 Ω at 18 V) + ternary stereo line-out
- 2.1 channels of binary PWM (left, right, LFE) (2 x 9 W into 4 Ω +1 x 20 W into 8 Ω at 18 V)
- FFX with 100-dB SNR and dynamic range
- Scalable FFX modulation index
- Selectable 32- to 192-kHz input sample rates
- I2 C control with selectable device address
- Digital gain/attenuation +48 dB to -80 dB with 0.5-dB/step resolution
- Soft volume update with programmable ratio
- Individual channel and master gain/attenuation
- Two independent DRCs configurable as a dual-band anticlipper (B2 DRC) or as independent limiters/compressors
- EQ-DRC for DRC based on filtered signals
- Dedicated LFE processing for bass boosting
- Audio presets:
- 15 preset crossover filters
- 5 preset anticlipping modes
- Preset nighttime listening mode
- Individual channel soft/hard mute
- Independent channel volume and DSP bypass
- I2 S input data interface
- Input and output channel mapping
- Automatic invalid input-detect mute
- Up to 8 user-programmable biquads/channel
- Three coefficient banks for storing EQ presets with fast recall via I2 C interface
- Bass/treble tones and de-emphasis control
- Selectable high-pass filter for DC blocking
- Advanced AM interference frequency switching and noise suppression modes
- Selectable high- or low-bandwidth noise-shaping topologies
- Selectable clock input ratio
- 96-kHz internal processing sample rate
- Thermal overload and short-circuit protection technology
- Video apps: 576 x fS input mode supported
- Pin and SW compatible with STA333BW, STA339BW, STA559BW and STA559BWS