The VHN5019A-E is a full bridge motor driver intended for a wide range of automotive applications. The device incorporates a dual monolithic high-side drivers and two low-side switches. The high-side driver switch is designed using STMicroelectronics’ well known and proven proprietary VIPower®M0 technology that allows to efficiently integrate on the same die a true Power MOSFET with an intelligent signal/protection circuit.
The three dice are assembled in MultiPowerSO-30 package on electrically isolated lead-frames. This package, specifically designed for the harsh automotive environment offers improved thermal performance thanks to exposed die pads. The input signals INAand INBcan directly interface to the microcontroller to select the motor direction and the brake condition.
The DIAGA/ENAor DIAGB/ENB, when connected to an external pull-up resistor, enable one leg of the bridge. They also provide a feedback digital diagnostic signal. The CS pin allows to monitor the motor current by delivering a current proportional to its value when CS_DIS pin is driven low or left open. The PWM, up to 20 KHz, lets us to control the speed of the motor in all possible conditions. In all cases, a low-level state on the PWM pin turns-off both the LSAand LSBswitches. When PWM rises to a high-level, LSAor LSBturn-on again depending on the input pin state.
Output current limitation and thermal shutdown protects the concerned high-side in short to ground condition.
The short to battery condition is revealed by the overload detector or by thermal shutdown that latches off the relevant low-side.
Active VCCpin voltage clamp protects the device against low energy spikes in all configurations for the motor.
CP pin provides the necessary gate drive for an external n-channel PowerMOS used for reverse polarity protection.
- ECOPACK® : lead free and RoHS compliant
- Automotive Grade: compliance with AEC guidelines
- Output current: 30 A
- 3 V CMOS compatible inputs
- Undervoltage and overvoltage shutdown
- High-side and low-side thermal shutdown
- Cross-conduction protection
- Current limitation
- Very low standby power consumption
- PWM operation up to 20 khz
- Protection against:
- Loss of ground and loss of VCC
- Current sense output proportional to motor current
- Charge pump output for reverse polarity protection
- Output protected against short to ground and short to VCC