The HM301D is a highly integrated diagnostic-quality biopotential acquisition system with 3 differential channels. Multi master/slave configuration supports up to 16 channels of simultaneous sampling (12 biopotential acquisitions and 4 bio-impedance channels). A fully integrated high-pass filter removes the half-cell DC value to enable the channels to work with the AC component only. Each channel provides high resolution and low noise conversion of biopotential signals up to 10 kHz.
The input connection circuit matrix guarantees maximum flexibility in terms of electrode cables and connectors.
The HM301D includes a dedicated impedance measurement channel that can be used to measure both body impedance average value and variation due to respiration. This channel delivers both the real and the imaginary parts of the body and the breathing impedances. The WCT circuit and driver block implements the driving functions (right leg driver and shield driver) and the Wilson common terminal commonly used in ECG systems.
The electrode-to-skin contact is checked by injecting an AC or DC current. A digital filtering and preprocessing (DFP) block implements configurable band-pass filters, IQ impedance demodulation and enables specific algorithm implementation for lead-off check and pacemaker detection.
The SPI interface allows the exchange of data with both the microcontroller and other HM301D devices in case of chain connection. Full configurability and low power design techniques make it ideal for many applications, including battery-powered devices. High quality recordings are obtained with a small, power-saving system. The 3-channel version is available in a 6 x 6 mm 40-lead LGA.
- 3 biopotential acquisition channels with integrated analog high pass filters
- 1 bio-impedance measurement channel with 2- or 4-wire measurement
- Digital IQ demodulation
- Integrated configurable digital filtering and preprocessing
- Pacemaker pulse acquisition with embedded detection function (down to 0.1 mV impulse amplitude)
- Input connection matrix allows support for different cable configurations
- SPI daisy chain supports up to 4 ICs connection
- Programmable analog gain: 8, 16, 32, 64
- Low supply voltage: 1.62 V to 3.6 V
- Input referred noise: 6 μVPP (300 Hz BW, G=64)
- Maximum data rate: 125 kSPS per channel
- Less than 1 mA/channel at full bandwidth and resolution
- DC and AC lead-off detection
- Right leg driver (RLD), Wilson common terminal (WCT) and shield driver (SD)
- Clock reconfigurability
- Built-in ring oscillator (±5% accuracy)
- Built-in crystal oscillator (±0.1% accuracy)
- External clock
- Low external component count architecture
- Allows compliance with medical standards ANSI/AAMI EC11, ANSI/AAMI EC13 and IEC60601-2-27
- EMI tolerant