The JTAG opto-isolation (AI-JTAG/OPTO-1) board can be connected between development tools and an application board to provide electrical isolation. This is essential when the development tools are not connected to the same ground as the application. It is also useful to protect the development tools from electrical spikes that often occur in some applications, such as motor control applications.
The JTAG opto-isolation board can be used with any tools that use the 20-pin JTAG standard connection for in-circuit debugging and programming of ST ARM core-based microcontrollers.
- Power consumption on target application power supply less than 200 mA
- 40 nS maximum propagation delay for all unidirectional signals
- 1kVDC isolation
- Powered from target application using DC/DC converter powered by 3.3V or 5V
- Supports 3.3V or 5V operation, configurable by solder bridge
- 3.3V or 5V CMOS level compatibility
- JTAG standard 20-pin connection supporting TRST, TDI, TMS, TCK, RTCK, TDO, RESET signals