The STV4100 terrestrial tuner is a directconversion (zero-IF) receiver with quadrature outputs intended for digital TV broadcasting.
On each VHF and UHF input is a low noise amplifier with both switchable and variable gain to ensure an optimal signal level for the two mixers.
Each mixer, which down-converts the signal to baseband, is followed by a low-pass filter and amplifier. The baseband gain is programmable via a dedicated pin.
The LO signals are provided by an integrated PLL which contains an on-chip voltage controlled oscillator meeting stringent phase noise requirements. The LO frequencies are programmable.
The comparison frequency for the phase/frequency detector is generated by dividing the crystal oscillator reference frequency. The crystal frequency can be from 16 MHz to 31 MHz depending on application.
- Temperature range -10° C to 70° C
- Low power consumption (625 mW typical)
- Compatible with 5-V and 3.3-V I2 C bus
- Crystal frequency output to drive the demodulator IC
- DTG (D-Book) compliant
- Fully Nordig Unified (versions 1.0.2, 1.0.3, 2.0) compliant
- VFQFPN-32 5x5x1 mm3 , exposed pad down
- Digitenne compliant
- ECOPACK, environmentally-friendly package, RoHS (2002/95/EC) compliant.
- Programmable channel filter covers 6 to 8 MHz channel spacing
- Fully integrated RF AGC with RF power monitoring
- RF-to-baseband direct conversion (IQ interface only)
- Input frequency range 174 to 230 MHz and 470 to 870 MHz
- Single 3.3-V DC supply
- Harmonic rejection mixer stage
- Low external component count
- Fully integrated VCO