The STiH271EL uses the latest process technology to provide a cost-effective, feature rich, highly integrated SoC for set-top boxes (STBs). It is targeted at the advanced decoding STB market across cable and terrestrial networks, and is suitable for operator markets and retail markets worldwide.
The STiH271EL provides a solution for operators and manufacturers to specify and quickly deploy a range of cost-effective, high-performance zapper STBs. Fast time to market is enabled by the STiH271EL’s pre-defined profile with Dolby™ audio enabled (license required), without Rovi™ and without advanced security features.
The STiH271EL integrates a high-performance dual mode, cable/terrestrial receiver, supporting DVB-C or DVB-T reception, channel demodulation, and forward error correction (FEC). The DVB-C receiver is compliant with ITU-T J.83 Annex A/C, and the DVB-T receiver is compliant with ETSI EN-300744 v1.5.1, Nordig Unified (v2.2.1) and DTG 7.2.
- ST40 applications CPU with 256 KB L2 cache
- 16-bit LMI supporting DDR2/DDR3
- Decoding of H.264, MPEG2, VC-1 and AVS HD video streams
- 3DTV decoding and display compatible with HDMI 1.4b
- Extensive connectivity (2 × USB 2.0 ports; Ethernet MII/RMII/TMII port; SD/MMC card port)
- Low-power process and architecture
- Integrated low power standby controller
- High-quality video resizing and de-interlacing
- Targets two layer PCBs for cost-effective zapper STB applications
- Integrates dual mode DVB-T/DVB-C demodulation and FEC
- Integrated Ethernet PHY