ST's STiH312 system-on-chip, belonging to its new 'Cannes' family, provides a full-featured solution for multi-HD and UHD IP set-top box / client-box applications. This SoC supports integrated broadcast and broadband services, combined with the latest set-top box middleware and broadband software solutions.
The STiH312 supports HEVC decoding, and therefore permits operators and service providers the means to offer UHD content to their customers.
- Dual core SMP ARM® applications CPU plus a quad-core GPU for true 3D graphics
- Ultra HD decoding up to 2160p30, combined with Faroudja® video processing technology
- Advanced security supporting concurrent conditional access and DRM, to protect premium broadcast content
- Wide connectivity, including USB 3.0, PCI-e, SATA and Gigabit Ethernet
- Dedicated interfaces to a range of companion front-end solutions, including MoCA 2.0, DOCSIS 3.0, satellite and 802.11ac WiFi devices
- 28 nm process technology chip