ThreadX® (ST EXP-RTOS) is Express Logic's advanced Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) designed specifically for deeply embedded applications. ThreadX® provides advanced scheduling facilities, message passing, interrupt management, and messaging services, as well as many others. ThreadX® has many advanced features, including its picokernel™ architecture, Preemption-Threshold™ scheduling, event-chaining™ and a rich set of system services. Combined with its superior ease-of-use, ThreadX® is the ideal choice for the most demanding of embedded applications. ThreadX® has been deployed in over 1.5 billion electronic products in the areas of consumer devices, medical electronics, and industrial control equipment.
ThreadX® supports STMicroelectronics' STM32, ARM® Cortex®-M based 32-bit microcontrollers.
This product is supplied by a third party not affiliated to ST. For complete and latest information on the specification and the purchased parts package, refer to the third party’s website http://rtos.com.
- Complete ARM® Development Tool Support with IAR Embedded Workbench® for ARM® (EWARM), ARM® Keil®, Atollic®, Green Hills MULTI™, and GNU
- Reasonable pricing
- Complete ANSI C source code
- Easy to use and powerful services
- Responsive technical support
- Unlimited Threads, Queues, Event Flags, Timers, Semaphores, Mutexes, Block Pools, and Byte Pools
- Flexible memory usage
- Timeout available on all thread suspension
- Advanced Preemption-Threshold™ technique
- Low-overhead application timers
- Size scales automatically
- Picokernel™ architecture for size and speed
- Small footprint (as low as 2 Kbytes)
- Fast execution (0.9 μs context switch@72 MHz)