The STEVAL-IDS002V1 device is a complete fully configurable energy reference design wireless sensor node powered by a photovoltaic module soldered on the top. It is composed by a fully integrated transmitter board which contains a temperature sensor, an air pressure sensor and a 3-axis accelerometer MEMS sensor powered by the SPV1050 device. Moreover a microcontroller and an RF Sub-Giga transmitter all by ST are on board. The system has a receiver companion powered through a USB cable by the PC. For further details on the SPV1050 device please refer to the related datasheet. The reference design kit is supported by a software user-friendly GUI able to show PV module and battery electrical characteristics, conversion efficiency, MPPT accuracy and sensors readings.
The transmitter module is based on an STM32L151 low power microcontroller which controls sensors configuration and data communication. A digital temperature sensor (STTS751), a pressure sensor (LPS331AP) and a 3-axis accelerometer (LIS3DH) are connected to the microcontroller through the I2C bus.
- Autonomous wireless sensor node based on ULP energy harvester and battery charger SPV1050
- Typical use case with 3-axis accelerometer, temperature sensor and air pressure sensor on board
- PV module soldered on top
- Lithium coin-cell battery
- User-friendly software GUI for system configuration
- It can be used with power monitoring board for efficiency and all fundamental electrical parameters measurement
- RF receiver board powered by USB
- All ST component offer