The STEVAL-IPG001V1 evaluation board is a fully functional gas meter demonstration board. It is interfaced with OMRON gas sensor and able to read/write and display various parameters on LCD e.g. configuration parameters, maintenance parameters, total consumption parameters, tariff-wise consumptions, 4 types of tampers etc.
The STEVAL-IPG001V1 also manages maximum demand (MD) calculation and communication with dual interface EEPROM (RF and I2C interface). SPIRIT-RF Sub GHz module is also supported by the board and WMBUS protocol stack is running on STM32L Microcontroller available on board.
The STEVAL-IPG001V1 also has provision of controlling gas valve by driving a motor. Connectors for external seismic detector, IrDA, STRNFC module are available for future use. Similarly footprints for external RTC, temperature sensor, USB connector are also available on the board.
- Nominal operating voltage from Battery: 3.3 V to 3.6 V
- External power supply source USB/Wall adapter (5 V)
- Low power mode current consumption (Standalone mode) : 15-20 µA
- I2 C communication interfacing with OMRON gas sensor
- Dual Interface EEPROM support
- Maximum gas flow rate: 6.000 m3/hr
- Minimum gas flow rate: 0.000 m3/hr
- No. of tampers supported: 4
- Maximum Tariff scheduling supported: 4 (with minimum time difference between every tariff is 1 Hr in ascending order)
- WMBUS stack running on STM32L microcontroller available on board
- Supports Sub GHz SRD bands: 169 MHz (N mode), 868 MHz (S Mode)
- A very low-power and High Performance RF transceiver "SPIRIT1" used for wireless communication
- Windows application available to configure WMBUS parameters at concentrator side and reading various metering data received from the gas meter
- Android application available for accessing various parameters of Meter from dual interface EEPROM using Smartphone through NFC
- RoHS compliant