The EVAL6235PD demonstration board is a fully integrated DMOS three-phase brushless DC motor driver.
Used in conjunction with the EVALPRACTISPIN interface board and practiSPIN software, the board provides an evaluation platform to test the features of the L6235 device. In particular, the board provides a means to evaluate the power dissipation performance of the IC in the PowerSO package.
An example of speed loop is implemented. The speed information is obtained by analog integration of the TACHO output. Fine tuning of external components is needed to fit application requirements.
The board is designed with a large GND area to minimize noise and optimize power dissipation.
- Operating supply voltage from 8 V to 52 V
- 5.6 A output peak current (2.8 ARMS )
- Operating frequency up to 100 kHz
- Non-dissipative overcurrent protection
- Constant off-time PWM current controller
- 60° and 120° Hall effect decoding logic
- Brake function
- TACHO output for speed loop
- Suitable for EVALPRACTISPIN control
- Capable of running in stand-alone mode