The STEVAL-IHM021V2 demonstration board implements a 100 W, 3-phase inverter for field-oriented control (FOC) of permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSM).
The 3-phase inverter bridge is based on the STD5N52U power MOSFET with enhanced fast body-drain recovery diode in a DPAK package, and the L6390. The L6390 represents the latest in high-voltage half-bridge gate drivers featuring an integrated comparator for hardware protection against overcurrent, overtemperature, etc. The device also features an embedded operational amplifier suitable for advanced current sensing.
The STEVAL-IHM021V2 has been specifically designed to achieve fast and accurate conditioning of the three shunt resistor-based motor current feedback network, matching the requirements typical for high-end applications such as field-oriented motor control.
As an alternative to the STD5N52U, the STGD6NC60HD or STGDL6NC60DI IGBT devices may also be used on the board for frequencies lower and higher than 10 kHz, respectively. In either case, no replacement of the switches driving the network is required.
The board is compatible with 110 and 230 Vac mains, and includes a power supply stage using the VIPer12A-E (in buck configuration) to generate the +15 V and +3.3 V supply voltage required by the application. The board can be interfaced with the STM3210B-EVAL (STM32 microcontroller demonstration board) through the dedicated motor control connector.
- Wide range input voltage
- Maximum power: up to 100 W at 230 Vac input
- STD5N52U power MOSFET (4.4 A, 520 V)
- Compatible with other power switches in DPAK packages (i.e. the STGD6NC60HD or STGDL6NC60DI)
- 15 V auxiliary power supply connector
- Motor control connector for interfacing with STM32-based control stages
- Three shunt resistor-based motor current sensing network
- Target applications: refrigerator compressors and dishwasher pumps
- RoHS compliant