The STEVAL-IHM042V1 evaluation board is designed as a complete dual motor field-oriented control (FOC) demonstration platform featuring STMicroelectronics’ ARM Cortex™-M4F 32-bit core-based STM32F303CC microcontroller with floating point support and two fully integrated DMOS L6230 3-phase motor drivers.
It is designed as an integrated evaluation environment for motor control applications in the range of 8 V - 48 V DC bus voltage (extendable up to 52 V) and nominal power up to 10 W for each motor drive. The design exploits the computational power of the STM32F303CC microcontroller with 48 KB of internal SRAM and 256 KB Flash, 4 ADCs, 2 DACs, 7 comparators, 4 operational amplifiers with programmable gains, SWD debugging, as well as the L6230 DMOS driver’s 2.8 A output peak current, non-dissipative overcurrent detection/protection, cross-conduction protection, uncommitted comparator, thermal shutdown, and undervoltage lockout.
The STEVAL-IHM042V1 is equipped with a USB-to-serial interface, specifically for real-time data exchange implemented by an STM32F103C8 pre-programmed with the STM32 Virtual COM Port firmware.
The ST Link in-circuit debugger and programmer is embedded in the board, allowing the user to program and debug the STM32F303CC microcontroller directly with a USB cable using a compatible toolset.
- Highly compact dual 3-phase motor control design
- Two L6230 monolithic power stages in a PowerSO package, featuring overcurrent and thermal protection
- STMicroelectronics’ ARMTM Cortex-M4F core-based STM32F303CC microcontroller capable of simultaneous driving field-oriented control of two PMSM motors
- Sensored or sensorless vector control (FOC)
- Input voltage from 8 V to 48 V
- Up to 10 W continuous for each motor
- 3- or 1-shunt current sensing topology for each drive easily selectable through jumpers
- On-board STLink for STM32F303CC programming
- USB-to-serial interface for real-time control via ST MC Workbench
- RoHS compliant