The STEVAL-ISA112V1 demonstration board implements a 4 W single-output wide range mains power supply to be used in applications such as white goods, smaller home appliances, home automation, LED driver, etc.
The board uses the new VIPER06HN, a new offline high voltage converter from the VIPerPlus family by STMicroelectronics. The VIPER06 is specifically designed for fixed frequency flyback converters, combining a high-performance low voltage PWM controller chip and a max. 32 Ω RDS(on), 800 V BV(DSS), avalanche-rugged Power MOSFET in the same package.
The application is optimized for less than 30 mW standby consumption and meets the EPA 2.0 limits, therefore helping to meet the most stringent energy saving requirements.
The STEVAL-ISA112V1 demonstration board implements several forms of protection that considerably increase end-product safety and reliability: overload protection, feedback disconnection, thermal shutdown.
- Universal input mains range:
- input voltage 90 - 265 VAC
- frequency 45 - 65 Hz
- Single-output voltage: 12 V at 350 mA continuous operation
- Standby mains consumption: < 30 mW at 230 VAC
- Average efficiency: > 75%
- Complying with EuP Lot 6 requirements
- Fully protected against short-circuit
- Fully protected against overheating
- Compliant to EMC norm EN55022-Class-B
- RoHS compliant