The STEVAL-ISA119V1 is a dual output buck demonstration board using the VIPER16LD, a new off-line high voltage converter by STMicroelectronics which has been specifically developed for non-isolated SMPS.
Output regulation is easily achieved through a voltage divider to the output voltage.
The VIPER16LD can work with or without an external supply. In the former case, very low standby consumption is possible(< 50 mW at 265 Vac) while in the latter case, the cost and complication of the IC supply network may be reduced.
The other features of the device include an 800 V avalanche-rugged power section, PWM operation at 60 kHz with frequency jittering for lower EMI, limiting current with adjustable set point, on-board soft-start and safe auto-restart after a fault condition.
The available protection features are thermal shutdown with hysteresis and delayed overload protection.
- Input voltage range (VIN ): 90 VRMS to 265 VRMS
- Output voltage 1 (VOUT1 )= 12 V
- Max output current 1: (IOUT1 ) = 0.1 A
- Output voltage 2: (VOUT2 ) = 5 V (through LDO)
- Max output current 2: (IOUT2 )= 0.05 A
- Precision of output regulation ΔVOUT_LF = ±5%
- High frequency output voltage ripple ΔVOUT_HF = 50 mV
- Max ambient operating temperature TA = 60 °C