The STEVAL-ISA134V1 demonstration board is a a 12 V - 4 W power supply in isolated flyback topology using the VIPer06, a new off-line high voltage converter by STMicroelectronics.
The VIPer06 features an 800 V avalanche rugged power section, PWM operation at 115 kHz with frequency jittering for lower EMI, cycle-by-cycle current limit with adjustable set point, on-board soft-start and safe auto-restart after a fault condition.
Protection features available include thermal shutdown with hysteresis, delayed overload protection, and open loop failure protection (the latter available only if auxiliary winding is used).
This flyback converter design is suitable for various applications, such as external adapter or as an auxiliary power supply in consumer equipment.
- AC main input voltage VIN : 85 VAC - 265 VAC
- Main frequency fL : 50 Hz; 60 Hz
- Output voltage VOUT : 12 V
- Max output current IOUT : 333 mA
- Precision of output regulation ΔVOUT_LF : ± 5%
- High frequency output voltage ripple: ΔVOUT_HF 50 mV
- Min active mode efficiency ηAV = 71%
- Max ambient operating temperature: TAMB = 60 °C