The STEVAL-ISB013V1 is a demonstration board based on the STC3105 battery monitor IC. The application monitors the voltage and current of a battery and includes a Coulomb counter to keep track of the charge/discharge status.
An alarm output signals a low state-of-charge (SOC) condition and/or low battery voltage. In addition, a relaxation register begins counting when the gas gauge is in a specified light-load condition, indicating when an OCV (open circuit voltage) measurement should be made for SOC correction.
- Accurate battery voltage measurement
- Coulomb counter to monitor the battery state-of-charge (SOC)
- Internal 32.768 kHz time base
- Low-battery alarm output with programmable SOC and voltage thresholds
- Relaxation timer to track load condition (user-programmable load current threshold)
- I2C interface for battery monitoring and device control
- Low power consumption:
- 100 μA in active operating conditions
- 50 μA in power saving operating conditions
- 2 μA in standby mode
- 1 μA in power-down mode
- RoHS compliant