The L3G3IS is a three-axis MEMS gyroscope for optical image stabilization applications.
It includes a sensing element and an IC interface capable of providing the measured angular rate to the external world through an SPI digital interface.
The unique sensing element is manufactured using a dedicated micromachining process developed by STMicroelectronics to produce inertial sensors and actuators on silicon wafers.
The IC interface is manufactured using a CMOS process that allows a high level of integration to design a dedicated circuit which is trimmed to better match the sensing element characteristics.
The L3G3IS is available in a plastic land grid array (LGA) package and can operate over a temperature range of -40 °C to +85 °C.
- ±65 dps / ±130 dps full-scale range
- SPI digital interface
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Integrated low- and high-pass filters with user-selectable bandwidth
- Wide supply voltage range: 2.4 V to 3.6 V
- Low-voltage compatible IOs (1.8 V)
- Power-down and sleep modes for smart power saving
- ECOPACK® , RoHS and “Green” compliant