The L3GD20 is a low-power three-axis angular rate sensor.
It includes a sensing element and an IC interface capable of providing the measured angular rate to the external world through a digital interface (I2C/SPI).
The sensing element is manufactured using a dedicated micro-machining process developed by STMicroelectronics to produce inertial sensors and actuators on silicon wafers.
The IC interface is manufactured using a CMOS process that allows a high level of integration to design a dedicated circuit which is trimmed to better match the sensing element characteristics. The L3GD20 has a full scale of ±250/±500/ ±2000 dps and is capable of measuring rates with a user-selectable bandwidth.
The L3GD20 is available in a plastic land grid array (LGA) package and can operate within a temperature range of -40 °C to +85 °C.
- Three selectable full scales (250/500/2000 dps)
- I2 C/SPI digital output interface
- 16 bit-rate value data output
- 8-bit temperature data output
- Two digital output lines (interrupt and data ready)
- Integrated low- and high-pass filters with user-selectable bandwidth
- Wide supply voltage: 2.4 V to 3.6 V
- Low voltage-compatible IOs (1.8 V)
- Embedded power-down and sleep mode
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Embedded FIFO
- High shock survivability
- Extended operating temperature range (-40 °C to +85 °C)
- ECOPACK® RoHS and “Green” compliant