The L6480 device, realized in analog mixed signal technology, is an advanced fully integrated solution suitable for driving two-phase bipolar stepper motors with microstepping.
It integrates a dual full bridge gate driver for N-channel MOSFET power stages with embedded non dissipative overcurrent protection. Thanks to a unique voltage mode driving mode which compensates for BEMF, bus voltage and motor winding variations, the microstepping of a true 1/128-step resolution is achieved. The digital control core can generate user defined motion profiles with acceleration, deceleration, speed or target position easily programmed through a dedicated register set. All application commands and data registers, including those used to set analog values (i.e. current protection trip point, deadtime, PWM frequency, etc.) are sent through a standard 5-Mbit/s SPI. A very rich set of protections (thermal, low bus voltage, overcurrent and motor stall) makes the L6480 device “bullet proof”, as required by the most demanding motor control applications.
- Operating voltage: 7.5 V - 85 V
- Dual full bridge gate driver for N-channel MOSFETs
- Fully programmable gate driving
- Embedded Miller clamp function
- Programmable speed profile
- Up to 1/128 microstepping
- Sensorless stall detection
- Integrated voltage regulators
- SPI interface
- Low quiescent standby currents
- Programmable non dissipative overcurrent protection
- Overtemperature protection