This device has been especially designed to protect 2 new high voltage, as well as classical SLICs, against transient overvoltages.
Positive overvoltages are clamped by 2 diodes. Negative surges are suppressed by 2 thyristors, their breakdown voltage being referenced to-VBATthrough the gate. Separated gates allow the SLICs to be supplied by two different voltages.
- Dual line programmable transient voltage suppressor with separated gates
- Wide negative firing voltage range:VGn = -175 V max.
- Low dynamic switching voltages: VFP and VDGL
- Low gate triggering current: IGT = 5 mA max
- Peak pulse current: IPP = 40 A (5/310 μs)
- Holding current: IH = 150 mA min.
- A Trisil™ is not subject to ageing and provides a fail safe mode in short circuit for a better protection.
- Trisils are used to help equipment to meet various standards such as UL1950, IEC 60950 / CSA C22.2, UL1459 and TIA-968-A (formerly FCC part 68).
- Trisils have UL94 V0 resin approved (Trisils are UL497B approved - file: E136224).