The STCC08 is an AC switch failure mode detector and an AC power switch driver. It drives the AC switch and informs the MCU of switch failure. The MCU takes the appropriate actions to put the system in a secure state.
Diode-mode, short circuit detection and open switch in both AC line polarities are detected.
The STCC08 helps home appliances to meet the IEC 60335-1 safety standard.
The STCC08 can be easily interfaced to an MCU with its CMOS input AC switch driver and CMOS compatible output for the failure mode detector.
- BenefitsEnable appliances to meet IEC 60335-1 and IEC 60730-1 standardsEnable appliances to meet IEC 61000-4-4 standardEliminates high DC current in inductive load, by detecting the diode mode failureImprove system safety monitoring open switch failure with critical loads such as door locksEnable MCU to sense all AC switch failure modes and protect the applianceLess MCU pin allocated to AC failure detection multiple STCC08 designed with resistor dividers uses one I/OEasy to drive with MCU directly connected or through an opto couplerHighly compact with integrated solution in SMD version
- SO-8 SMD package
- Short circuit failure detection for AC switches, relays, electromechanical switches
- Diode mode failure detection for solid state AC switches
- 3.3 V and 5 V power supply compatible
- Gate driver output: 28 mA max sink current
- ACS, ACST, TRIAC compatible
- Sense the AC switch voltage in both AC line polarities
- Open AC switch detection for AC switches, relays, electromechanical switches
- Adjustable gate drive current