The STMicroelectronics STW81103 is an integrated RF synthesizer with voltage controlled oscillators (VCOs). Showing high performance, high integration, low power, and multi-band performances, STW81103 is a low cost one chip alternative to discrete PLL and VCOs solutions.
STW81103 includes an Integer-N frequency synthesizer and two fully integrated VCOs featuring low phase noise performance and a noise floor of -155dBc/Hz. The combination of wide frequency range VCOs (thanks to center frequency calibration over 32 sub-bands) and multiple output options (direct output, divided by 2 or divided by 4) allows to cover the 625MHz-762.5MHz, the 1087.5MHz-1525MHz, the 2175MHz-3050MHz and the 4350MHz-5000MHz bands.
The STW81103 is designed with STMicroelectronics advanced 0.35µm SiGe process.
- Digital lock detector
- Programmable charge pump current
- 3.3V power supply
- Dual digital bus interface: SPI and I2 C bus (fast mode) with 3 bit programmable address (1100A2 A1 A0 )
- Small size exposed pad VFQFPN28 package 5mm x 5mm x 1.0mm
- Power down mode (hardware and software)
- Process: BICMOS 0.35µm SiGe
- Programmable reference frequency divider (10 bits)
- 2 programmable counters to achieve a feedback division ratio from 256 to 65551 (prescaler 16/17) and from 361 to 77836 (prescaler 19/20).
- Integer-N frequency synthesizer
- Excellent integrated phase noise
- Dual differential integrated VCOs with automatic center frequency calibration:2500 - 3050 MHz (direct output)4350 - 5000 MHz (direct output)1250 - 1525 MHz (internal divider by 2)2175 - 2500 MHz (internal divider by 2)625 - 762.5 MHz (internal divider by 4)1087.5 - 1250 MHz (internal divider by 4)
- Dual modulus programmable prescaler (16/17 or 19/20)
- Phase frequency comparator and charge pump
- Fast lock time: 150µs