AIM FOR EXCELLENCE
Quality is part of what we do in ST, each of us, every day. Our objective is to excel in quality by cultivating a workforce of highly skilled, disciplined and engaged people and a strong company culture that aims for excellence. We achieve this through leadership, communication, networking, empowerment, and competency and career development.
GLOBAL & EMBEDDED LEADERSHIP
The Product Quality Excellence staff defines the ST quality strategy, priorities and initiatives. This team is led by the Executive Vice President for Product Quality Excellence, whose leadership team is embedded in each ST organization.
ST quality leaders make sure our quality strategy is executed. They ensure the objectives are cascaded into each organization and that the daily activities of each employee are aligned with our overall quality goals.
In ST, we are proud to have a team of highly competent, dedicated quality professionals. This team is supported by the entire ST workforce, since we are all accountable for quality in our daily jobs. Responsibilities for the core quality functions include:
- Field quality service: Supports and communicates with customers regarding requirements, issues, improvement plans, data collection, questions and feedback; collects complete information on specific customer requirements and facilitates agreements; communicates and notifies customers of product/process changes and product termination; gathers feedback.
- Product quality: Focuses on quality and reliability at all phases of the product development process; qualifies new products and materials ensuring they meet the mission profile and customer requirements for quality and reliability.
- Technology & manufacturing quality: Checks that manufactured products conform to customer requirements; secures new product qualification, change management and non-conforming material management; facilitates use of manufacturing data, tools, methods and procedures.
- Failure analysis: Performs electrical and physical analysis of products for new product debugging and reliability evaluation, yield improvement, manufacturing changes and issues, customer issues and competition analysis; applies and develops advanced analysis techniques and uses problem solving methodologies to identify failure modes and to contribute to identifying failure mechanisms.
- Quality standards & management system: Deploys and improves our quality management system and its associated processes, rules and documents; oversees compliance with ST rules and industry standards like ISO, VDA and JEDEC; benchmarks industry standards and trends.
- Supplier & subcontractor quality: Ensures supplier, subcontractor and foundry manufacturing quality is compliant to ST expectations; manages all aspects of supplier, subcontractor and foundry quality such as data analysis, changes, incidents and audits.
- Software quality: Applies quality approach to software development; ensures alignment to customer requirements.
Read the Quality Handbook (pdf, 4M) for more information.