The STA529 is a digital stereo class-D audio amplifier. It includes an audio DSP, an ST proprietary high-efficiency class-D driver and CMOS power output stage. It is intended for high-efficiency digital-to-power-audio conversion for portable applications. The STA529 also provides output capabilities for FFX™. In conjunction with a power device, the STA529 provides high-quality digital amplification.
The STA529 contains an on-chip volume/gain control.
The PWM amplifier achieves greater than 90% efficiency for longer battery life for portable systems.
The innovative class-D modulation, allows the STA529 to work without external LC filters and without a heatsink.
The STA529 I2CDIS pin disables the audio DSP functions and the I2C interface provides a direct conversion of the input signal into output power. This conversion is done without the microcontroller.
The STA529 is designed for low-power operation with extremely low-current consumption in standby mode. It is available in packages TFBGA48 and VFQFPN52. These are very thin packages (1.2 mm thick) ideal for small portable applications.
- Up to 96 dB dynamic range
- Sample rates from 8 kHz to 192 kHz
- FFX™ class-D driver
- 1.55 V to 1.95 V digital power supply
- 1.80 V to 3.60 V analog and I/O power supply
- 18-bit audio processing and class-D FFX™ modulator
- >90-dB SNR analog-to-digital converter
- Digital volume control:
- +36 dB to -105 dB in 0.5-dB steps
- Software volume update
- 16-bit ADC
- Individual channel and master gain/attenuation
- Automatic invalid input detect mute
- 2-channel I2 S input/output data interface
- Digitally controlled pop-free operation
- 90% efficiency
- Output power for stereo headphones or stereo speakers applications (at THD = 10% and VCC
= 3.3 V):
- 45 mW with 32-Ω headphones
- 85 mW with 16-Ω headphones
- 720 mW with 8-Ω speakers
- 1.1 W with 4-Ω speakers