The VNQ7003SY is a device made using STMicroelectronics® VIPower® technology. It is intended for driving resistive or inductive loads directly connected to ground. The device is protected against voltage transient on VCC pin.
An 8 bit short frame access to output control registers is provided allowing PWM control through SPI with high granularity.
An analog current feedback for each channel is connected to the CURRENT-SENSE pin via a multiplexer. The device detects open-load in OFF-state conditions.
Real time diagnostic is available through the SPI bus (open-load, output short to VCC, overtemperature, communication error, power limitation or latch off).
Output current limitation protects the device in an over load condition. The device can limit the dissipated power to a safe level up to thermal shutdown intervention. Thermal shutdown can be configured as latched off or programmable time limited auto restart.
The device enters a limp home mode in case of loss of digital supply (VDD), reset of digital memory or watchdog monitoring time-out event. In this mode states of channel 0, 1, 2 or 3 are respectively controlled by four dedicated pins IN0, IN1, IN2 and IN3. Channel 0 and 1 can be programmed via SPI for load type (BULB/ LED mode).
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- 16-bit ST-SPI for full diagnostic with 8 bits Short Frame option
- Programmable Bulb/LED mode for ch. 0-1
- Advanced limp home functions for robust fail-safe system
- Very low standby current
- Optimized electromagnetic emissions
- Very low electromagnetic susceptibility
- Control through direct inputs and / or SPI
- Compliant with European directive 2002/95/EC
- Diagnostic functions
- Multiplex proportional load current sense
- Synchronous diagnostic of over load and short to GND, output shorted to VCC and OFF-state open-load
- Programmable case overtemperature warning
- Two levels load current limitation
- Self limiting of fast thermal transients
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Overvoltage clamp
- Latch-off or programmable time limited auto restart (power limitation and overtemperature shutdown)
- Load dump protected
- Protection against loss of ground