STA8058 TESEO MCM is a fully embedded GPS engine integrating STA2058 TESEO baseband. and STA5620 RF front-end. The embedded Flash memory enables the equipment manufacturer to load the entire GPS software (including tracking, acquisition, navigation and data output) after customising its interfaces to his needs.
A standard GPS library is available from ST. By combining the ARM7TDMI microcontroller core with on-chip Flash/RAM, 16-channel GPS correlator DSP, RF Front-end and an extensive range of interfaces on single package solution, the STA8058 provides a highly-flexible and cost-effective solution for GPS applications.
- GPS multichip module:
- STA2058 TESEO Baseband
- STA5620 RF Front-end
- Complete embedded memory system:
- Flash 256 KB + 16 Kbytes
- RAM 64 Kbytes.
- 66-MHz ARM7TDMI 32 bit processor
- High performance GPS engine (HPGPS)
- SBAS (WAAS and EGNOS) supported
- Sensitivity (-146 dBm acquisition, -159 dBm tracking)
- Time to first fix (1 s reacquisition, 2.5 s hot start, 34 s warm start, 39 s cold start)
- Accuracy (2 m autonomous)
- Extensive GPS receiver interfaces: 32 GPIOs, 4 UARTs, 2 SPIs, 2 I2Cs, 1 CAN 2.0, 1 USB 1.1, 1 HDLC and 4 channels ADC
- Compatible with L1 signal (C/A code)
- ST proprietary technology
- CMOS Flash embebbed technology for STA2058
- BiCMOS Sige technology for STA5620
- LFBGA104 lead-free package
- -40 °C to 85 °C operating temperature range
- Evaluation kits:
- STA8058 module reference designs (17x19 mm and 25x25 mm)
- Evaluation board hosting STA8058 module