The X-NUCLEO-LED61A1 is an expansion board designed to provide a sample application for the compact LED driver based on LED6001. The expansion board is equipped with a single-channel, constant-current LED driver for boost or SEPIC topologies.The X-NUCLEO interfaces with the STM32 microcontroller. It is compatible with the Arduino™ UNO R3 connector.
The brightness of the LED string connected to its output can be controlled through a PWM signal (0 % - 100 % dimming) or a control voltage (analog dimming). Open/Short LED fault, feedback disconnection, LED overcurrent and output-to-ground short-circuit (SEPIC only) faults are detected and managed through the LED driver.
The expansion board is designed to provide examples for applications involving several LEDs arranged is a single string (e.g., indoor and architectural LED lighting, off-grid street lighting, emergency LED lighting, white goods, gaming, etc.).
- Single channel LED Driver, 350 mA constant current
- PWM and analog brightness control with the STM32 Nucleo board
- Selectable boost or SEPIC converter topology
- Up to 92% efficiency (boost converter)
- Open LED, feedback disconnection, LED overcurrent and output-to-ground short-circuit (SEPIC only) fault detection and management
- Onboard photo-transistor for ambient light switch function (analog dimming)
- Wide DC input voltage range: 8 V – 24 V
- Compatible with Arduino™ UNO R3 connectors
- Compatible with STM32 Nucleo boards
- RoHS compliant