FP-NET-BLESTAR1 is an STM32 ODE function pack which provides application-layer bridging between a Bluetooth LE network and a Wi-Fi network. Sensor data from a device in the Bluetooth LE network can be transparently sent to the IBM Watson IoT cloud platform and visualized on a client connected to the cloud.
The included sample application configures the STM32 Nucleo board equipped with the Wi-Fi and BlueNRG expansion boards as a BLE master connected to several BLE peripherals, or nodes, in a star network topology. The STM32 Nucleo board can simultaneously connect to a Wi-Fi network and export data from other nodes to the IBM Watson IoT cloud platform. The BLE master also acts as a slave by accepting connection with a BLE client (typically an Android™/iOS™ device) which can be used to monitor and control the BLE network.
The software runs on the STM32 microcontroller and includes drivers to exploit the functionality of the X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 Bluetooth low energy expansion board based on the SPBTLE-RF module, and the X-NUCLEO-IDW01M1 Wi-Fi expansion board based on the SPWF01SA module.
The software comes with examples for creating a BLE network and controlling all devices belonging to the network via IBM Watson IoT cloud services.
- Complete middleware to build applications based on BLE and Wi-Fi connectivity, allowing STM32 Nucleo boards to connect with both BLE-enabled smartphones and tablets, and cloud-based services
- Integrated MQTT protocol middleware for easy access to Watson IoT cloud services provided by IBM
- Sample application for NUCLEO-F401RE, which behaves simultaneously as master and slave, with X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 and X-NUCLEO-IDW01M1 expansion boards
- Binary firmware for NUCLEO-F401RE, NUCLEO-L053R8 or NUCLEO-L476RG STM32 Nucleo boards connected to X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 and X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 or X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2, X-NUCLEO-CCA02M1 and X-NUCLEO-6180XA1 STM32 expansion boards acting as peripheral nodes
- App for AndroidTM /iOSTM devices to control the BLE star network
- Easy portability across different MCU families, thanks to STM32Cube
- Free, user-friendly license terms