Developers can use the FP-SEC-WIFINFC1 software expansion package for STM32Cube to negotiate secure Wi-Fi connections on any NFC-capable phone; Wi-Fi credentials are stored on a dynamic NFC tag device, in compliance with the NDEF standard.
The expansion is built on STM32Cube software technology to ease portability across different STM32 microcontrollers. The software runs on the STM32 microcontroller and includes drivers for the ST Wi-Fi module (SPWF01SA) and dynamic NFC tag device (M24SR64-Y).
A sample implementation of the drivers running on the X-NUCLEO-IDW01M1 and the X- NUCLEO-NFC01A1 expansion boards plugged on top of a NUCLEO-F401RE STM32 Nucleo board is bundled with the package.
Information regarding STM32Cube is available on www.st.com at http://www.st.com/stm32cube
- Complete middleware to build applications using Wi-Fi connectivity (SPWF01SA Serial-to-Wi-Fi Module) and M24SR64-Y dynamic NFC/RFID tag using NDEF standard
- The package is compatible with the motion sensor LSM6DS3 DIL24 expansion component
- Easy portability across different MCU families, thanks to STM32Cube
- Wi-Fi network pairing parameters such as SSID and password can be written by any NFC-capable phone and can be read by the application software to connect with any wireless network.
- Sample implementation available on X-NUCLEO-NFC01A1 and X-NUCLEO-IDW01M1 boards when plugged onto NUCLEO-F401RE board