osxMotionID is an add-on software package for X-CUBE-MEMS1. The software runs on STM32 and includes drivers that recognize ST inertial sensors LSM6DS0, LSM6DS3 or LSM6DSL.
By outputting an intensity value in the range [0:10] (i.e., from doing nothing to sprinting), this library may be used for real-time evaluation of activities for the accurate calculation of calories or to distinguish between active and non-active stationary status.
The algorithm manages the data acquired exclusively from the accelerometer at the low sampling frequency of 16 Hz to reduce the power consumption of the hosting platform.
The software comes with sample implementations of the drivers, exploiting STM32Cube software technology and running on X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 or X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 expansion boards with optional STEVAL-MKI160V1, mounted on a NUCLEO-F401RE or NUCLEO-L476RG development board.
- Real-time motion intensity detection algorithm (under OpenSoftwareX license) based on accelerometer data only, designed for wrist applications.
- Complete middleware to build applications on top of X-CUBE-MEMS1.
- Libraries for ARM Cortex-M3 and ARM Cortex-M4 MCU cores.
- Easy portability across different MCU families, thanks to STM32Cube.
- PC-based Windows application to log data.
- Sample implementations available on X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 and X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 (with optional STEVAL-MKI160V1) expansion boards, mounted on a NUCLEO-F401RE or NUCLEO-L476RG development board.