STMicroelectronics STM32 Audio Engine is a set of software libraries allowing customers to build audio applications with high-quality and professional results.
The popular MP3 format is part of the formats a professional application should support to ensure the best musical experience.
Therefore, the MP3 decoder library is a must. It removes the need for an external MP3 decoding component. Moreover, unlike many open-source solutions, it was written specifically for STM32, and is therefore highly optimized, leaving room for other application tasks to run concurrently with the audio decoding.
In addition, it comes with a set of impressive add-ons such as a channel mixer, a standalone 5-band parametric equalizer and loudness control to provide a complete plug-and-play solution for STM32 customers.
The MP3 decoder library is not available for all STM32 family members (see further).
- MPEG-1, 2 or 2.5 formats
- Layers 1, 2 and 3
- Constant bit rate and variable bit rate
- Mono or stereo input streams
- PCM (Pulse Code Modulation) output
- Solution optimized for STM32
- MP3 decoder with built-in equalizer
- Audio utilities:
- Channel mixer utility (for volume and mute control)
- Standalone 5-band parametric equalizer utility
- Loudness control utility
- Object codes, accessed by the user application through an extensive API in C
- Full documentation included, demo software available
- Demo project available for IAR EWARM, Keil MDK-ARM and Raisonance RIDE