The SPEAr320 is a member of the SPEAr family of embedded MPUs, optimized for industrial automation and consumer applications. It is based on the powerful ARM926EJ-S processor (up to 333 MHz), widely used in applications where high computation performance is required.
In addition, SPEAr320 has an MMU that allows virtual memory management - making the system compliant with Linux operating system. It also offers 16 KB of data cache, 16 KB of instruction cache, JTAG and ETM (Embedded Trace Macrocell) for debug operations.
A full set of peripherals allows the system to be used in many applications, some typical applications being factory automation, printer and consumer applications.
- ARM926EJ-S 333 MHz core
- High-performance 8-channel DMA
- Dynamic power-saving features
- Configurable peripheral functions on 102 shared I/Os.
- 32 KB ROM and 8 KB internal SRAM
- LPDDR-333/DDR2-666 external memory interface
- SDIO/MMC card interface
- Serial Flash memory interface (SMI)
- Flexible static memory controller (FSMC) up to 16-bit data bus width, supporting NAND Flash
- External memory interface (EMI) up to 16-bit data bus width, supporting NOR Flash and FPGAs
- Cryptographic accelerator
- 2 x USB 2.0 Host
- 1 x USB 2.0 Device
- 2 x Fast Ethernet ports (for external MII/SMII PHY)
- 2 x CAN interface
- 3 x SSP Synchronous serial port (SPI, Microwire or TI protocol)
- 2 x I2 C
- 1 x fast IrDA interface
- 3 x UART interface
- 1 x standard parallel device port
- Peripherals supported
- TFT/STN LCD controller (resolution up to 1024 x 768 and up to 24 bpp)
- Touchscreen support
- Miscellaneous functions
- Integrated real time clock, watchdog, and system controller
- 8-channel 10-bit ADC, 1 Msps
- 4 x PWM timers
- JPEG CODEC accelerator
- 6x 16-bit general purpose timers with programmable prescaler, 4 capture inputs
- Up to 102 GPIOs with interrupt capability