The low density value line STM8L05xxx devices are members of the STM8L ultra low power 8-bit family.
The value line STM8L05xxx ultra low power family features an enhanced STM8 CPU core providing increased processing power (up to 16 MIPS at 16 MHz) while maintaining the advantages of a CISC architecture with improved code density, a 24-bit linear addressing space and an optimized architecture for low power operations.
The family includes an integrated debug module with a hardware interface (SWIM) which allows non-intrusive In-Application debugging and ultra-fast Flash programming.
Low density value line STM8L05xxx microcontrollers feature embedded data EEPROM and low power, low-voltage, single-supply program Flash memory.
The devices incorporate an extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals, a 12-bit ADC, a real-time clock, two 16-bit timers, one 8-bit timer, as well as standard communication interfaces such as an SPI, an I2C interface, and one USART.
The modular design of the peripheral set allows the same peripherals to be found in different ST microcontroller families including 32-bit families. This makes any transition to a different family very easy, and simplified even more by the use of a common set of development tools.
All value line STM8L ultra low power products are based on the same architecture with the same memory mapping and a coherent pinout.
- Operating conditions
- Operating power supply: 1.8 V to 3.6 V Temperature range: −40 °C to 85 °C
- Low power features
- 5 low power modes: Wait, Low power run (5.1 μA), Low power wait (3 μA), Active-halt with RTC (1.3 μA), Halt (350 nA)
- Ultra-low leakage per I/0: 50 nA
- Fast wakeup from Halt: 5 μs
- Advanced STM8 core
- Harvard architecture and 3-stage pipeline
- Max freq: 16 MHz, 16 CISC MIPS peak
- Up to 40 external interrupt sources
- Reset and supply management
- Low power, ultra-safe BOR reset with 5 selectable thresholds
- Ultra low power POR/PDR
- Programmable voltage detector (PVD)
- Clock management
- 32 kHz and 1 to 16 MHz crystal oscillators
- Internal 16 MHz factory-trimmed RC
- Internal 38 kHz low consumption RC
- Clock security system
- Low power RTC
- BCD calendar with alarm interrupt
- Digital calibration with +/- 0.5 ppm accuracy
- LSE security system
- Auto-wakeup from Halt w/ periodic interrupt
- 8 Kbytes of Flash program memory and 256 bytes of data EEPROM with ECC
- Flexible write and read protection modes
- 1 Kbyte of RAM
- 4 channels supporting ADC, SPI, I2C, USART, timers
- 1 channel for memory-to-memory
- 12-bit ADC up to 1 Msps/28 channels
- Internal reference voltage
- Two 16-bit timers with 2 channels (used as IC, OC, PWM), quadrature encoder
- One 8-bit timer with 7-bit prescaler
- 2 watchdogs: 1 Window, 1 Independent
- Beeper timer with 1, 2 or 4 kHz frequencies
- Communication interfaces
- Synchronous serial interface (SPI)
- Fast I2 C 400 kHz SMBus and PMBus
- Up to 18 I/Os, all mappable on interrupt vectors
- Development support
- Fast on-chip programming and non-intrusive debugging with SWIM
- Bootloader using USART