The STM8S003F3/K3 value line 8-bit microcontrollers offer 8 Kbytes of Flash program memory, plus integrated true data EEPROM. They are referred to as low-density devices in the STM8S microcontroller family reference manual (RM0016).
The STM8S003F3/K3 value line devices provide the following benefits: performance, robustness and reduced system cost.
Device performance and robustness are ensured by true data EEPROM supporting up to 100000 write/erase cycles, advanced core and peripherals made in a state-of-the-art technology at 16 MHz clock frequency, robust I/Os, independent watchdogs with separate clock source, and a clock security system.
The system cost is reduced thanks to a high system integration level with internal clock oscillators, watchdog, and brown-out reset.
Full documentation is offered as well as a wide choice of development tools.
- 16 MHz advanced STM8 core with Harvard architecture and 3-stage pipeline
- Extended instruction set
- Program memory: 8 Kbyte Flash memory; data retention 20 years at 55 °C after 100 cycles
- RAM: 1 Kbyte
- Data memory: 128 bytes true data EEPROM; endurance up to 100 k write/erase cycles
- Clock, reset and supply management
- 2.95 V to 5.5 V operating voltage
- Flexible clock control, 4 master clock sources
- Low-power crystal resonator oscillator
- External clock input
- Internal, user-trimmable 16 MHz RC
- Internal low-power 128 kHz RC
- Clock security system with clock monitor
- Power management
- Low-power modes (wait, active-halt, halt)
- Switch-off peripheral clocks individually
- Permanently active, low-consumption power-on and power-down reset
- Interrupt management
- Nested interrupt controller with 32 interrupts
- Up to 27 external interrupts on 6 vectors
- Advanced control timer: 16-bit, 4 CAPCOM channels, 3 complementary outputs, dead-time insertion and flexible synchronization
- 16-bit general purpose timer, with 3 CAPCOM channels (IC, OC or PWM)
- 8-bit basic timer with 8-bit prescaler
- Auto wakeup timer
- Window and independent watchdog timers
- Communications interfaces
- UART with clock output for synchronous operation, SmartCard, IrDA, LIN master mode
- SPI interface up to 8 Mbit/s
- I2 C interface up to 400 Kbit/s
- Analog to digital converter (ADC)
- 10-bit ADC, ± 1 LSB ADC with up to 5 multiplexed channels, scan mode and analog watchdog
- Up to 28 I/Os on a 32-pin package including 21 high-sink outputs
- Highly robust I/O design, immune against current injection
- Development support
- Embedded single-wire interface module (SWIM) for fast on-chip programming and non-intrusive debugging