The STM8S007C8 value line 8-bit microcontrollers offer 64 Kbytes Flash program memory. They are referred to as high-density devices in the STM8S microcontroller family reference manual (RM0016).
The STM8S007C8 value line devices provide the following benefits: reduced system cost, performance, robustness, short development cycles, and product longevity.
The system cost is reduced thanks to a true data EEPROM for up to 100 k write/erase cycles and a high system integration level with internal clock oscillators, watchdog, and brown-out reset.
Device performance is ensured by 20 MIPS at 24 MHz CPU clock frequency and enhanced characteristics which include robust I/O, independent watchdogs (with a separate clock source), and a clock security system.
Short development cycles are guaranteed due to application scalability across a common family product architecture with compatible pinout, memory map and modular peripherals. Full documentation is offered with a wide choice of development tools.
Product longevity is ensured in the STM8S family thanks to their advanced core which is made in a state-of-the art technology for applications with 2.95 V to 5.5 V operating supply.
- Max fCPU : up to 24 MHz, 0 wait states @ fCPU ≤ 16 MHz
- Advanced STM8 core with Harvard architecture and 3-stage pipeline
- Extended instruction set
- Max 20 MIPS @ 24 MHz
- Program: 64 Kbytes Flash; data retention 20 years at 55 °C after 100 cycles
- Data: 128 bytes true data EEPROM; endurance 100 kcycles
- RAM: 6 Kbytes
- Clock, reset and supply management
- 2.95 to 5.5 V operating voltage
- Low power crystal resonator oscillator
- External clock input
- Internal, user-trimmable 16 MHz RC
- Internal low power 128 kHz RC
- Clock security system with clock monitor
- Wait, active-halt, & halt low power modes
- Peripheral clocks switched off individually
- Permanently active, low consumption power-on and power-down reset
- Interrupt management
- Nested interrupt controller with 32 interrupts
- Up to 37 external interrupts on 6 vectors
- 2x 16-bit general purpose timers, with 2+3 CAPCOM channels (IC, OC or PWM)
- Advanced control timer: 16-bit, 4 CAPCOM channels, 3 complementary outputs, dead-time insertion and flexible synchronization
- 8-bit basic timer with 8-bit prescaler
- Auto wakeup timer
- Window watchdog, independent watchdog
- Communications interfaces
- UART with clock output for synchronous operation - LIN master mode
- UART with LIN 2.1 compliant, master/slave modes and automatic resynchronization
- SPI interface up to 10 Mbit/s
- I2 C interface up to 400 Kbit/s
- 10-bit ADC with up to 16 channels
- 38 I/Os including 16 high sink outputs
- Highly robust I/O design, immune against current injection
- Development support
- Single wire interface module (SWIM) and debug module (DM)