The L6229 is a DMOS fully integrated 3-phase motor driver with overcurrent protection.
Realized in BCD technology, the device combines isolated DMOS power transistors with CMOS and bipolar circuits on the same chip.
The device includes all the circuitry needed to drive a 3-phase BLDC motor including: a 3-phase DMOS bridge, a constant off time PWM current controller and the decoding logic for single ended hall sensors that generates the required sequence for the power stage.
Available in PowerDIP24 (20 + 2 + 2), PowerSO36 and SO24 (20 + 2 + 2) packages, the L6229 features a non-dissipative overcurrent protection on the high-side Power MOSFETs and thermal shutdown.
- Operating supply voltage from 8 to 52 V
- 2.8 A output peak current (1.4 A DC)
- RDS(ON) 0.73 Ω typ. value at Tj = 25 °C
- Operating frequency up to 100 KHz
- Non-dissipative overcurrent detection and protection
- Diagnostic output
- Constant tOFF PWM current controller
- Slow decay synchr. rectification
- 60° and 120° hall effect decoding logic
- Brake function
- Tachometer output for speed loop
- Cross conduction protection
- Thermal shutdown
- Undervoltage lockout
- Integrated fast freewheeling diodes