The L6234 is a triple half bridge to drive a brushless DC motor.
It is realized in BCDmultipower technology which combines isolated DMOS power transistors with CMOS and bipolar circuits on the same chip.
By using mixed technology it has been possible to optimize the logic circuitry and the power stage to achieve the best possible performance.
The output DMOS transistors can sustain a very high current due to the fact that the DMOS structure is not affected by the second breakdown effect, the RMS maximum current is practically limited by the dissipation capability of the package.
All the logic inputs are TTL, CMOS and μP compatible. Each channel is controlled by two separate logic inputs.
The L6234 device is available in a 20-pin PowerSO20 package.
- Supply voltage from 7 to 52 V
- 5 A peak current
- RDSon 0.3 Ω typ. value at 25 °C
- Cross conduction protection
- TTL compatible driver
- Operating frequency up to 150 kHz
- Thermal shutdown
- Intrinsic fast free wheeling diodes
- Input and enable function for each half bridge
- 10 V external reference available