The powerSTEP01 is a a system-in-package integrating 8 N-channel 16 mΩ MOSFETs for stepper applications up to 85 V with a SPI programmable controller, providing fully digital control of the motion through a speed profile generation and positioning calculations.
It integrates a dual low RDS(on)full bridge with embedded non-dissipative overcurrent protection. The device can operate with both voltage mode driving and advanced current control fitting different application needs. The digital control core can generate user defined motion profiles with acceleration, deceleration, speed or a target position easily programmed through a dedicated register set. All application commands and data registers, including those used to set analog values (i.e. current protection trip point, deadtime, PWM frequency, etc.) are sent through a standard 5-Mbit/s SPI. A very rich set of protections (thermal, low bus voltage, overcurrent and motor stall) make the powerSTEP01 “bullet proof”, as required by the most demanding motor control applications.
- Power system-in-package integrating a programmable microstepping controller and 8 N-channel power MOSFETs.
- Operating voltage: 7.5 V - 85 V
- Dual full bridge with RDS(on) = 16 mΩ
- 10 Ar.m.s. maximum output current
- Adjustable output slew rate
- Programmable speed profile
- Up to 1/128 microstepping
- Sensorless stall detection
- Integrated voltage regulators
- SPI interface
- Low quiescent standby currents
- Programmable non-dissipative overcurrent protection
- Overtemperature protection