The L4964 is a stepdown power switching regulator delivering 4A at a voltage variable from 5.1V to 28V.
Features of the device include overload protection, soft start, remote inhibit, thermal protection, a reset output for microprocessors and a PWM comparator input for synchronization in multichip configurations.
The L4964 is mounted in a 15-lead Multiwattâ plastic power package and requires very few external components.
Efficient operation at switching frequencies up to 120kHz allows a reduction in the size and cost of external filter components.
- CURRENT LIMITING
- RESET OUTPUT
- THERMAL SHUTDOWN
- INPUT FOR REMOTE INHIBIT AND SYNCHRONUS PWM
- VERY FEW EXTERNAL COMPONENTS
- VERY HIGH EFFICIENCY (UP TO 90 %)
- 4 A OUTPUT CURRENT
- 0 TO 100 % DUTY CYCLE RANGE
- 5.1 V TO 28 V OUTPUT VOLTAGE RANGE
- SWITCHING FREQUENCY UP TO 120 KHz
- SOFT START
- PRECISE (± 3 %) ON-CHIP REFERENCE