The L4974A is a stepdown monolithic power switching regulator delivering 3.5A at a voltage variable from 5.1 to 40V.
Realized with BCD mixed technology, the device uses a DMOS output transistor to obtain very high efficiency and very fast switching times. Features of the L4974A include reset and power fail for microprocessors, feed forward line regulation, soft start, limiting current and thermal protection. The device is mounted in a Powerdip 16 + 2 + 2 plastic package and requires few external components. Efficient operation at switching frequencies up to 200KHz allows reduction in the size and cost of external filter component.
- PWM LATCH FOR SINGLE PULSE PER PERIOD
- UNDER VOLTAGE LOCK OUT WITH HYSTERETIC TURN-ON
- SWITCHING FREQUENCY UP TO 200KHz
- VERY HIGH EFFICIENCY
- CONTINUOUS MODE OPERATION
- THERMAL SHUTDOWN
- RESET AND POWER FAIL FUNCTIONS
- PRECISE 5.1V ± 2% ON CHIP REFERENCE
- 3.5A OUTPUT CURRENT
- 0 TO 90% DUTY CYCLE RANGE
- 5.1V TO 40V OUTPUT VOLTAGE RANGE
- INTERNAL CURRENT LIMITING
- INPUT/OUTPUT SYNC PIN
- INTERNAL FEED-FORWARD LINE REG.