The L5987 is a step-down switching regulator with a 3.5 A (minimum) current limited embedded Power MOSFET, so it is able to deliver an up to 3 A current to the load depending on the application conditions.
The input voltage can range from 2.9 V to 18 V, while the output voltage can be set starting from 0.6 V to VIN. Having a minimum input voltage of 2.9 V, the device is suitable also for a 3.3 V bus.
Requiring a minimum set of external components, the device includes an internal 250 kHz switching frequency oscillator that can be externally adjusted up to 1 MHz.
The VFQFPN8 and the HSOP packages with an exposed pad allow reducing the RthJAdown to 60 °C/W and 40 °C/W respectively.
- 3 A DC output current
- 2.9 V to 18 V input voltage
- Output voltage adjustable from 0.6 V
- 250 kHz switching frequency, programmable up to 1 MHz
- Internal soft-start and inhibit
- Low dropout operation: 100% duty cycle
- Voltage feedforward
- Zero load current operation
- Overcurrent and thermal protection
- VFQFPN 3 x 3 -8L and HSOP8 package