The L6386AD is a high voltage gate driver, manufactured with the BCD™ “offline” technology, and able to drive simultaneously one high and one low-side power MOSFET or IGBT device. The high-side (floating) section is able to work with voltage rail up to 600 V. Both device outputs can independently sink and source 650 mA and 400 mA respectively and can be simultaneously driven high in order to drive asymmetrical half-bridge configurations.
The L6386AD device provides two input pins, two output pins and an enable pin (SD), and guarantees the outputs switch in phase with inputs. The logic inputs are CMOS/TTL compatible to ease the interfacing with controlling devices.
The L6386AD integrates a comparator (inverting input internally referenced to 0.5 V) that can be used to protect the device against fault events, like overcurrent. The DIAG output is a diagnostic pin, driven by the comparator, and used to signal a fault event occurrence to the controlling device.
The bootstrap diode is integrated in the driver allowing a more compact and reliable solution.
The L6386AD device features the UVLO protection on both supply voltages (VCC and VBOOT) ensuring greater protection against voltage drops on the supply lines.
The device is available in a SO-14 package, in tube, and tape and reel packaging.
- High voltage rail up to 600 V
- dV/dt immunity ± 50 V/nsec in full temperature range
- Driver current capability
- 400 mA source
- 650 mA sink
- Switching times 50/30 nsec rise/fall with 1 nF load
- CMOS/TTL Schmitt trigger inputs with hysteresis and pull-down
- Undervoltage lockout on lower and upper driving section
- Integrated bootstrap diode
- Outputs in phase with inputs