The L6718 is a very compact, digitally controlled and cost effective dual controller designed to power Intel® VR12 processors. Dedicated pinstrapping is used to program the main parameters.
The device features from 2 to 4-phase programmable operation for the core section providing 2 embedded drivers. A single-phase with embedded driver and with independent control loop is used for GFX.
The L6718 supports power state transitions featuring VFDE and a programmable DPM, maintaining the best efficiency over all loading conditions without compromising transient response.
Second generation LTB Technology™allows a minimal cost output filter providing fast load transient response. The controller assures fast and independent protection against load overcurrent, under/overvoltage and feedback disconnections.
The device is available in VFQFPN56, 7x7 mm compact package with exposed pad.
- VR12 compliant with 25 MHz SVID bus rev. 1.5
- Second generation LTB Technology™
- Very compact dual controller:
- Up to 4 phases for core section with 2 internal drivers
- 1 phase for GFX section with internal driver
- Input voltage up to 12 V
- SMBus interface for power management
- SWAP, Jmode, multi-rail only support
- Programmable offset voltage
- Single NTC design for TM, LL and IMON thermal compensation (for each section)
- VFDE for efficiency optimization
- DPM - dynamic phase management
- Dual differential remote sense
- 0.5% output voltage accuracy
- Full-differential current sense across DCR
- AVP - adaptive voltage positioning
- Programmable switching frequency
- Dual current monitor
- Pre-biased output management
- High-current embedded drivers optimized for 7 V operation
- OC, OV, UV and FB disconnection protection
- Dual VR_READY
- VFQFPN56 7x7 mm package with exposed pad