The device is a pwm controller for high performance dc-dc conversion from 3.3V, 5V and 12V buses.
The output voltage is adjustable down to 0.9V; higher voltages can be obtained with an external voltage divider.
High peak current gate drivers provide for fast switching to the external power section, and the output current can be in excess of 20A.
The device assures protections against load overcurrent and overvoltage. An internal crowbar is also provided turning on the low side mosfet as long as the over-voltage is detected. In case of over-current detection, the soft start capacitor is discharged and the system works in HICCUP mode.
- OVERVOLTAGE PROTECTION
- POWER GOOD OUTPUT
- 200kHz INTERNAL OSCILLATOR
- HICCUP OVERCURRENT PROTECTION
- SOFT START AND INHIBIT
- OSCILLATOR EXTERNALLY ADJUSTABLE FROM 50kHz TO 1MHz
- PACKAGES: SO-16 & HTSSOP16
- VERY FAST LOAD TRANSIENT RESPONSE
- VOLTAGE MODE PWM CONTROL
- OPERATING SUPPLY VOLTAGE FROM 5V TO 12V BUSES
- ADJUSTABLE OUTPUT VOLTAGE
- UP TO 1.3A GATE CURRENT CAPABILITY
- 0.9V ±1.5% VOLTAGE REFERENCE
- 0% TO 100% DUTY CYCLE
- N-INVERTING E/A INPUT AVAILABLE