The LD56050 is a high accuracy voltage regulator, which provides 0.5 A of current. It is equipped with an NMOS pass transistor, whose gate is biased by a dedicated pin, thus allowing an ultra low-drop performance even at very low input voltages.
It is available in DFN4 1.2 x 1.2 package, allowing the maximum space saving.
The device is stabilized with a small ceramic capacitor on the output. The ultra low-drop, low quiescent current and short circuit current foldback make the LD56050 suitable for low power battery-operated applications.
An enable logic control function puts the LD56050 in shutdown mode allowing a total current consumption lower than 0.1 µA. Thermal protection is also included.
- Input voltage from 0.8 to 5.5 V
- Bias supply pin
- Ultra low-dropout voltage (120 mV max. at 500 mA load)
- Low ground current (27 μA typ. at no-load)
- Output voltage tolerance: ± 1.5% overtemperature, 0.5% at 25 °C
- 500 mA guaranteed output current
- 50 mV output voltage step available from 0.8 V to 3.6 V
- Logic-controlled electronic shutdown
- Internal current limit with foldback
- Thermal shutdown
- Output active discharge function
- Available in DFN4 1.2 x 1.2 mm package
- Temperature range: -40 °C to 85 °C