The ST2S06A33 and ST2S06B are dual step-down DC-DC converters optimized for powering low-voltage digital cores in ODD applications and, generally, to replace high current linear solutions when the power dissipation may cause high heating of the application environment. It provides up to 0.5 A over an input voltage range of 2.5 V to 5.5 V.
A high switching frequency of 1.5 MHz allows the use of tiny surface-mount components as well as a resistor divider to set the output voltage value. Only an inductor and two capacitors are required. A low output ripple is guaranteed by the current mode PWM topology and the utilization of low ESR SMD ceramic capacitors. The devices are thermally protected and current-limited to prevent damage due to accidental short-circuit. The ST2S06A33 and ST2S06B are available in the QFN12L (4x4 mm) package.
- Step-down current mode PWM (1.5 MHz) DC-DC converter
- Fixed or adjustable output voltage from 0.8 V
- 2% DC output voltage tolerance
- Synchronous rectification
- Reset function for A version
- Inhibit function for B version
- Internal soft start for startup current limitation and power ON delay of 50-100 μs
- Typical efficiency: > 90%
- 0.5 A output current capability
- Non-switching quiescent current: max 1.2 mA over temperature range
- RDS(ON) 150 mΩ (typ.)
- Uses tiny capacitors and inductors
- Available in QFN12L (4x4 mm)