The device is a high-voltage converter that smartly integrates an 800 V rugged power MOSFET with PWM current-mode control. The power MOSFET allows a very high input Vac to be applied, just limited from its breakdown voltage. This IC is capable of meeting more stringent energy-saving standards as it has very low consumption and operates in burst mode under light load.
The device features an adjustable extra power timer (EPT) that enables the IC to sustain overload conditions for a few seconds.
The integrated HV startup, sense FET and oscillator with jitter allow the advantage of using minimal components in the application.
The device features high-level protections like dual-level OCP, output overvoltage, short-circuit, and thermal shutdown with hysteresis. After the removal of a fault condition, the IC is automatically restarted.
- 800 V avalanche-rugged power MOSFETallowing ultra wide range input Vac to be achieved
- Embedded HV start-up and sense FET
- PWM current-mode controller
- OCP with selectable threshold (IDlim ) and 2nd OCP with higher value (IDMAX ) to protect the IC from transformer saturation or short-circuit of the secondary diode
- 30 mW no-load consumption at 230 Vac
- Two operating frequencies:
- 60 kHz (L type) or 115 kHz (H type)
- Jittered frequency reduces the EMI
- Extra power timer (EPT) blanks the overload current for few seconds
- Output overvoltage protection with tight tolerance and digital noise filter
- Soft-start reduces the stress during startup and increases IC lifetime
- Automatic restart after a fault condition
- Thermal shutdown increases system reliability and IC lifetime