The ST33GxxxSM is a serial access microcontroller designed for secure mobile applications that incorporates the most recent generation of ARM® processors for embedded secure systems. Its SecurCore® SC300™ 32-bit RISC core is built on the Cortex® M3 core with additional security features to help to protect against advanced forms of attacks.
The SC300™ core brings great performance and excellent code density thanks to the Thumb®-2 instruction set.
The high-speed embedded Flash memory introduces more flexibility to the system.
The ST33GxxxSM also offers a serial communication interface fully compatible with the ISO/IEC 7816-3 standard (T=0, T=1) and a single-wire protocol (SWP) interface for communication with a near field communication (NFC) router in SIM/NFC applications.
The ST33GxxxSM embeds a MIFARE® Library fully compatible with the widely deployed MIFARE® Classic and MIFARE DESFire® EV1 contactless scheme. Both MIFARE® Classic and MIFARE DESFire® EV1 can be used in mobile contactless applications such as Transport & Event ticketing, Access Control, Loyalty programs.
An SPI Master/Slave interface is also available for communication in non-SIM applications.
The ST33GxxxSM features hardware accelerators for advanced cryptographic functions. The EDES peripheral provides a secure DES (Data Encryption Standard) algorithm implementation, while the NESCRYPT crypto-processor efficiently supports the public key algorithm. The AES peripheral ensures secure and fast AES algorithm implementation.
The ST33GxxxSM operates in the –25 to +85 °C temperature range and 1.8 V, 3 V and 5 V supply voltage ranges. A comprehensive range of power-saving modes enables the design of efficient low-power applications.
In order to meet environmental requirements, ST offers these devices in different grades of ECOPACK®packages, depending on their level of environmental compliance. ECOPACK®specifications, grade definitions and product status are available at: www.st.com. ECOPACK®is an ST trademark.
- Hardware features
- ARM® SecurCore® SC300™ 32-bit RISC core cadenced at 25 MHz
- 30 Kbytes of user RAM
- Up to 1280 Kbytes of user Flash memory with OTP area
- Asynchronous receiver transmitter supporting ISO/IEC 7816-3 T=0 and T=1 protocols (Slave mode supported)
- Single wire protocol (SWP) interface for communications with NFC router (ETSI 102-613 compliant)
- Serial peripheral interface (SPI) master/slave interface
- Three 16-bit timers with interrupt capability
- Seven general-purpose I/Os enabling proprietary protocol implementation
- 1.8 V, 3 V and 5 V supply voltage ranges
- External clock frequency from 1 up to 10 MHz
- Current consumption compatible with GSM and ETSI specifications
- Power-saving standby state
- Contact assignment compatible with ISO/IEC 7816-2
- ESD protection greater than 4 kV (HBM)
- Delivery forms:
- D18 micromodules
- sawn 12” wafers
- ECOPACK®-compliant WLCSP8, DFN8 5 × 6 mm and UFDFN8 4.2 × 4 mm packages
- Software features
- Secure Flash memory loader
- Flash memory drivers
- MIFARE® libraries1: MIFARE® Classic, MIFARE DESFire® EV1
- Security features
- MIFARE® Classic cryptography hardware accelerator
- Active shield
- Memory protection unit (MPU)
- Monitoring of environmental parameters
- Protection against faults
- 16- and 32-bit CRC calculation block (ISO 13239, IEEE 802.3, etc.)
- True random number generator
- Unique serial number on each die
- Hardware security-enhanced DES accelerator
- Hardware security-enhanced AES accelerator
- NESCRYPT coprocessor for public key cryptography algorithm